For those amongst us who recall Hypercard (or its copycats SuperCard, HyperStudio, ToolBook, & MetaCard), it's great to see a successor that is powerful, well designed and multiplatform.
Please mention my name (J-M David) – I don't get any monies, but a little kudos never does any harm!
Coding with RunRev LiveCode is as simple as it gets, with far more power most of us will ever need (and it can, in any case, be combined with php and html). Below is the code for the random card displayed on the right hand side (the first three lines, in any case, simply CSS styling as well as the displayed words). N.B. that some browsers do not properly display the Alpha-release online version.
- <link href="http://www.fourhares.com/jmd.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
- <h2 align="center">Random Noblet Card</h2>
- <p align="center" class="small"><a href="noblet.irev" class="smallbottomlink">click for a new card</a></p>
- <p align="center"><?rev
- put random(78) into randomthis
- put "<a href="noblet.irev" border="0"><img src="images/noblet/"&randomthis&".jpg" / ></a>" into tempimage
- put tempimage